Austin Clubhouse exists to provide acceptance and empowerment so adults living with mental health diagnoses can pursue personal goals and play a meaningful role as co-workers, colleagues, family members, neighbors and friends.
We envision a healthy community in which all people living with a serious mental illness will achieve their highest potential.
About Austin Clubhouse
Austin Clubhouse is dedicated to the recovery of adults experiencing mental health concerns by providing opportunities for our members to live, work, and learn, while contributing their talents through a community of mutual support.
We leave labels at the door.
The Clubhouse is a welcoming, nonjudgmental, safe place for adults with mental health diagnoses to reach their full potential. We’re a “strengths-based” organization that focuses on a person’s abilities and strengths to achieve their goals versus their weaknesses, diagnosis or disability.
Everyone has a role, and everyone belongs.
Membership at the Clubhouse is open to anyone over the age of 18 who has a mental health diagnosis and is following a treatment plan with a clinician. Membership at Austin Clubhouse is free, voluntary and life-long, and we’re open all major holidays. By participating in daily activities in our community, members regain self-worth, purpose and confidence.
Hierarchy doesn’t exist here.
Members and staff work side-by-side in all daily tasks and operations, and all involved find motivation in contributing to something bigger than themselves.
Many people have reviewed this volume. Their ideas, high professional standards, assignment writers, discerning eyes, and commitment to quality are crucial to the quality and relevance of this volume.
We hope you’ll come by for a tour or contact us for more information.
- Joanna Linden, Executive Director
- John-Michael Krakoski, Program Director
- Amber Goggia, Operations Manager
- Luke Tinius, Development & Marketing Manager
- John Woods, Staff Generalist
- Jen Cardenas, Staff Generalist
- Mae Newcombe, Staff Generalist
- Jason Von Halle, Staff Generalist
*We currently do not have any available positions.
- Meghan Weller, Board President, Director, Government Relations, HCA Healthcare – Texas
- Olivia Juarez-Reid, Vice President, Wells Fargo Bank
- Kevin Cole, Treasurer, Attorney at Law, The Cole Law Firm
- Sherry Blyth, Secretary, Integral Care
- Coby Chase, Vice President of External Affairs, Meadows Mental Health Policy Institute
- Christine Kempff, Hindsite 20/20
- Athena McClendon, Austin Clubhouse member, Constituent Services, Texas House of Representatives
- Amy Walton, M.D. – Chief Medical Officer, Seton Shoal Creek Hospital
- Jennifer Tucker – Vice President of Workforce Advancement, Goodwill Industries of Central Texas
- Joanna Linden, Ex-Officio, Executive Director, Austin Clubhouse
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday Evenings 5:00pm – 8:00pm (extended social hours)
If you’re interested in seeing what our community is all about, come take a tour! Tours take place daily Monday – Friday at 11am.